Stretch marks SOS
I often get asked what I can do about cellulite and stretch marks? As it happens quite a lot! But before I go into the solutions let’s look at the causes. One of the first things I’ll say is they’re 100% normal and natural. We all have them or get them at some point in our lives.That said sometimes they can be more complex than at others and can cause self-esteem and confidence issues.
When the skin ages it develops laxity due to the deteriorating levels of collagen and elastin in the skin. This causes weak points where breaks can appear. Cellulite usually looks like lumpy, cottage cheese bumps and is caused by deposits of fatty tissue poking though these weak points. There are usually bands that anchor the various layers of tissue and skin to each other and when everything gets lax, the fat pokes upwards and puckering occurs. Stretch marks look like very fine red or silver tears in the skin. Often they are caused by rapid growth or shrinking of the skin and happen during puberty or childbearing. These marks are often permanent and scar-like and are usually found on areas around the stomach, hips, breasts and thighs.
Sometimes hormones and lifestyle choices can contribute to cellulite but they can appear in even the thinnest of women. So what to do?
1. Improve your diet, drink plenty of water, cut out caffeine and alcohol and eat lots of vitamin C rich foods.
2. Use exfoliators such as retin-A or chemical peels to increase cell turnover for increasing collagen
3. Start a course of Morpheus8 RF Microneedling, SkinPen to amp up collagenesis
4. Take collagen supplements to rebuild the skin from the inside
5. Start exercising to tone up the muscle underneath and reduce fat layers that push out cellulite. EvolveX Transform will tone and reduce fat
6. Have plasma using your own stem cells and growth factors to kickstart collagen repair and follow up with red light therapy
Come in and see us at Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics in Centennial, Colorado for Morpheus8 or RF Microneedling.