Chemical peels in Centennial
Chemical peels are one of the most simplest and affordable cosmetic treatments to rejuvenate and revive aging and damaged skin. They treat a wide variety of skin concerns from sun damage and age spots to acne scarring and rough texture on the face, hands, neck and body. At Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa in Centennial, Colorado we have a range of chemical peels such as the Vi Peel to dramatically or subtly improve the condition of the skin depending on the client needs.
Schedule a free consultation today and peel away the years.
Chemical peels can treat a variety of skin concerns:
Make an appointment today
What are the different types of peel?
Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa offers six uniquely formulated VI Peel treatments designed to lift pigment, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring and fight fine lines and wrinkles. All of our painless medium-depth VI Peels are safe for all skin types and tones with results in as little as 7 days.
The ViPeel® is the first medical peel that combines major acids in a safe and pain-free formulation. This approach helps to achieve younger-looking skin and is safe for all skin types, including darker skin which can be affected by PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. One to three peels are recommended. Patients should expect to leave the clinic with an orange cast on their face. Peeling starts on day three after treatment and lasts 3-4 days.
- Treats: sun damage, hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne & acne scarring and aging
- Results: Younger-looking and glowing skin with fewer imperfections
- Downtime: No downtime and no pain during treatment
- Benefits: Safe for all skin types. See results in one to two weeks
Here is a breakdown of the five active ingredients in the Vi Peel, and how each one works together to transform the look, feel, and health of the skin.
- TCA: The addition of TCA (Trichloroacetic acid) allows the Vi Peel to penetrate below the skin’s surface to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and reduce the appearance of skin pigmentation, superficial blemishes and active acne lesions. TCA is also a natural analgesic, which acts to reduce pain and promote comfort throughout the Vi Peel application.
- Phenol: Also known as carbolic acid, this organic compound is regularly used in skin and hair products as a lightening agent. In the Vi Peel, this key ingredient helps reduce unwanted pigmentation and cleanses the skin of impurities.
- Salicylic acid: One of the most common and trusted topical acids in the skincare industry, salicylic acid offers tremendous results for minimizing acne, exfoliating the skin and evening overall skin tone. Due to its ability to remove dead skin cells and promote the growth of new, healthy skin, this rejuvenating acid can be used to reduce the appearance of many skin concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, pigmentation and psoriasis.
- Retin-A: Commonly referred to as tretinoin, Retin-A is a form of vitamin A that is ideal for combating acne and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This powerful antioxidant is also more effective and less irritating than other esters of vitamin A.
- Vitamin C: There may not be another ingredient so profoundly useful for improving skin health than vitamin C. This antioxidant ingredient has a wide range of applications and is regularly used to exfoliate the skin and promote youthful, vital-looking complexions.
ViPeel® PRECISION PLUS
Our most popular treatment, this medium-depth powerhouse peel works to suppress melanogenesis (and the production of melanin) at the source while promoting rapid cell turnover for a brighter, more even skin tone. Resurfacing action reveals fresh, renewed skin with results in 7 days.
- Sun damage
- UV-induced pigmentation
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
ViPeel® PURIFY with Precision Plus
This helps with pigmentation issues plus acne and/or acne scarring. Take on current breakouts as well as the scars and pigmentation they leave behind. This superior purifying and smoothing acne treatment clears away dead skin cells and excess oil to speed breakout clearing and purify pores to prevent breakouts. By targeting melanogenesis at the source, this treatment helps minimize stubborn post-acne scars and uneven tone for a brighter, smoother surface.
- Excessive oil
- Acne with hyperpigmentation
- Acne scarring
- Adult acne
This multi-faceted treatment aids with the many triggers and symptoms of acne, from dead skin cells and excessive oiliness to clogged pores and all types of blemishes. This peel sweeps away skin cells known to clog pores, clears out oil and debris trapped deep within the pores, eliminates p. acnes bacteria and balances skin for fewer breakouts and a smoother texture.
- Active acne
- Break-out prone skin
- Oily and congested skin
- Teen acne
This potent, powerful treatment is ideal for more mature clients who want to intensify results against deep-set wrinkles and loss of elasticity. This innovative treatment is formulated with a synergistic blend of ingredients that penetrate deeper to combat the signs of aging and soften fine lines and wrinkles.The targeted formula helps enhance collagen stimulation to increase cell turnover and helps firm the skin.
- Aging skin (ages 40+)
- Fine lines
- Loss of elasticity
ViPeel® is a great first-time peel for all age groups and skin types seeking multiple benefits from their peel, including tighter-looking skin, smoother texture and renewed radiance. ViPeel® Original is specifically formulated to rejuvenate, refresh and reset for rapid, visible results safely and effectively.
- Sensitive skin
- Early signs of aging (ages 20+)
- Rough texture
ToxBooster™ is a combined, same-day treatment that involves the safe, painless, custom VI Peel in conjunction with a neurotoxin injectable treatment to enhance and extend beneficial results. Boost the results of your injection service, increase collagen production, reduce sun damage, improve overall tone and texture – all in one visit.
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Sun damage & pigmentation
- Uneven tone & texture
- Acne / acne scarring
The makers of the #1 Chemical Peel for the face want you to have your best body ever. First-of-its-kind, non-invasive and pain-free. VI Peel Body treatments stimulate anti-aging collagen to increase cellular turnover. Help target troubled areas and reveal smoother, more radiant skin in just one treatment. Safe for all skin types, tones, and textures.
- Pigmentation and fine lines on the décolleté
- Body acne
- Scars from acne, surgeries or injuries
- Stretch marks
- Sagging skin
- Results within the first week after healing
- In-office, non-surgical treatment
- Depending upon the level of chemical peel, there is often little downtime and skin may look fresh and new within days after the treatment
- There is a noticeable difference in skin texture and the feeling of the skin within days
- A refreshing, “clean” and youthful glow is seen from a few days to a week after the treatment
Although the process varies depending on the type of peel, your provider will always thoroughly cleanse the area of skin to be treated prior to applying the peel solution(s). Once your skin has dried solution will be applied to the skin and left on for the designated amount of time.
During this time the peel will be checked while the deep exfoliation or “peeling” process is occurring to ensure you are comfortable. Once the peel time is complete excess peel solution is removed. Although your skin will likely still be red due to the chemicals being so fresh, you will see an immediate regeneration of fresher, newer looking skin.
There are various types of chemical peels with different ingredients to treat many types of skin condition. How skin responds will vary depending on those ingredients. AHA (alpha hydroxy acid), lactic or glycolic acid peels tend to be gentler on the skin and may be a good treatment for sensitive skins with minor skin concerns. For concerns such as pigment or discoloration, wrinkles or fairly superficial blemishes or scarring, a stronger peel is usually required for the best outcome. Acne typically receives best results when salicylic acid has been used for the peel.
There are different depths and levels of chemical peel. The deeper the peel, the faster results occur typically. A more superficial peel does offer the least amount of downtime, irritation and redness than a deeper peel. Your provider will discuss your goals during the consultation first.
Patients receiving a more superficial peel can apply sunscreen and makeup within a day or two after treatment. For more intensive peels patients typically need to follow a skin care regimen for healing and wait about 5-7 days before applying makeup.
*Avoid chemical peels If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.*
Before you start treatment
At least one week prior to your chemical peel your provider will discuss medications, skin care products and regimens you may need to stop prior to receiving the treatment. They may also recommend the use of specific skin care products, such as retinol products or other glycolic acid treatments prior to the chemical peel treatment to offer further enhancement and the best outcomes for the chemical peel.
At least 3-4 weeks prior to your chemical peel avoidance of sun exposure, extreme heat or cold and tanning beds is recommended.
- The results of a chemical peel are usually noticeable within 5-7 days after treatment
- The positive effects of a chemical peel are most noticeable after the first month or so after treatment
- If you had a more superficial type of peel, with Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) or glycolic, the downtime is quite minimal and you should be able to apply sunscreen and makeup within one to two days of treatment
- For more intensive peels, patients typically need to follow a skin care regimen for healing and wait about 5-7 days before applying makeup
First night after treatment
- Prop yourself up in bed to avoid lying on your side
- Do not massage or rub the treated areas
- You can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain
- Your provider will discuss any skin products or gels that should or should not be used
5-7 days after procedure
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for the first week after treatment
- Avoid extreme heat or cold and tanning beds
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Only use topical ointments recommended by your provider
- If sun exposure cannot be avoided apply SPF of 30 or higher. For very light-skinned patients we recommend an SPF of at least 50 or higher