Get rid of it for good!
Waxing treatments in Centennial
Waxing is one of the most popular methods of body hair removal and involves extracting hair straight from the root via a strip or hot wax application. It might have originated in Egyptian times but it is here today at Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa in Centennial, Colorado. Methods might not have changed too much since then but we use methods that take the sting out of traditional waxing.
Our wax of choice
Why Chocolate wax is different:
Many waxing products contain natural ingredients and extracts to make them soothe or ease the waxing process. This wax contains cocoa and almond, soy and sunflower oils as well as skin nourishing vitamins like vitamin E.
Traditional waxes contain sugar or honey and can aggravate as they remove hair, exacerbating the pain. Chocolate wax is smoother and gentler and less likely to cause rash or redness and patients are less prone to grown hairs.
It works well for smaller areas such as the bikini line, face and underarms. It is able to remove soft vellus and thick hairs in just one application. It leaves the skin glowing and is an excellent sun tan remover.
Make an appointment today
Things we love about chocolate wax
This is a very gentle treatment. Chocolate wax heats at bearable temperatures and the texture does not become brittle on the skin. The wax is easy to remove without pulling too hard on the area
Helps remove hairs with minimal pulling and leaves the skin soft and shiny in the end
After the first session and once all the hairs in the treatment area follow the same regrowth cycle, chocolate wax slows down the growth of new hairs. This has the advantage of expanding the time between wax sessions, but chocolate wax can also remove shorter hair more effectively
Sun tan is removed over time because chocolate wax removes the dead skin cells on the surface. After this exfoliation the skin is soothed and hydrated
Waxing expertise matters
Not all wax sessions are created equally and a great deal depends on the skill of the practitioner. At Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa we have master-level waxing specialists and trainers at our disposal. A great technician is:
- Proficient at using hot wax on different body areas
- Has aftercare knowledge for example knows how to treat ingrown hairs
- Is precise especially when treating intimate areas during Brazilian of Hollywood waxes
- Works quickly and efficiently and can adapt to varying body and hair types
- Understands how scary a first time wax session might be and helps ease patient fears
- Depending on the amount of hair and the area being waxed, a medium to small area should not take more than 15 to 20 minutes to treat
- There are three types of bikini waxing options (1) bikini line, (2) Bikini full-everything is removed except behind area (3) Brazilian – everything is removed from front and back with the option to leave hair at the front
- Maintenance is recommended every 3 to 6 weeks. Regrowth depends on: hair cycle of each follicle, hair length and coarseness. If you have stubble a few days after waxing it is likely hairs had not emerged or was too short to be gripped. Usually regrowth is seen at 2 weeks. After 5 to 6 sessions regrowth periods will be longer. Do not shave in between visits. Do not wax if taking Accutane medication as it thins skin
- Make sure hair is about the size of a grain of rice in length if longer, it can be trimmed down to make the wax more comfortable. If hair is too long, the wax can pull and tug
- Prepare skin 1 to 2 days prior with a gentle scrub to help loosen the hair and clear off dead skin from the follicle. Use an AHA acid free scrub
- Shower the morning of the treatment to keep skin clean
- Do not schedule a waxing during your menstrual cycle when the skin is more sensitive
- Do not tan or have sun exposure 24 hours before the wax to prevent hyperpigmentation
- Stick to your wax schedule every 4 to 5 weeks
- Exfoliate three days post wax, with a gentle AHA free scrub. Do this 2 to 3 times per week to prevent ingrown hairs and to keep skin silky smooth
- Keep skin hydrated using products that do not clog the pores
- Do not do strenuous exercise 24 to 48 hours after wax appointment (specifically bikini area) as this may invite bacteria in a recently waxed area
- Avoid wearing tightly fitted clothes (for 24 to 48 hours) to keep irritation at bay
- Stay away from hot tubs, steam rooms, lakes, pools or the ocean for 24 hours post wax. The pores are still open and need time to close. Open pores can increase the chance of bacteria and irritation
When hairs fail to grow straight up through the follicle but curve sideways under the skin to cause clogging in the area. This can occur in pubic and under the arm areas.